Pushing Daisies to shove pie down your pie hole
So what’s better than a Pushing Daisies star saving you from the deadly embrace of crystal meth? Not much, but the answer to that (and, lets face it, most other questions) is free freakin’ pie. ABC really doesn’t want you to forget about the whimsical show that was cut short by the writers’ strike, so Pushing Daisies is hitting the road.
ABC has outfitted an Airstream trailer to look like The Pie Hole, the shop in which most of Daisies’ action takes place, and is driving it across the country to give fans free pie. In addition to the delicious confections, the temporary Pie Hole will feature props from the show and plasma TVs on which fans can watch footage from the show.
The Pushing Daisies Tour begins this Sunday and makes 10 stops. Follow me after the jump for the full schedule.
- August 31: Anaheim, CA – Downtown Disney
- September 7: San Francisco, CA – Ghirardelli Square– Chocolate Festival
- September 10: Los Angeles, CA – Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade
- September 12: Las Vegas, NV – Fashion Show Mall
- September 14: Phoenix, AZ – Westgate Complex
- September 17: Denver, CO – Larimer Square
- September 20: Dallas, TX – Addison Oktober Fest
- September 24: Chicago, IL – Lincoln Park
- September 26: Philadelphia, PA – The Shops at Liberty Place
- September 29: New York, NY – Times Square
ABC has also started a site that you can go to to follow The Pie Hole’s progress at pushingdaisiestour.com. It doesn’t appear to be up at the moment, but should be functional shortly.
I don’t know if it’s my love of Pushing Daisies, or simply my love of pie, but this sounds like the best idea ever to me. I think I may even risk venturing into Times Square to see it. In fact, I wish more shows would do something like this. I want the Project Runway contestants to come by and make me a dress or a Grey’s Anatomy trailer to come give me medical advice. What other shows do you think should hit the road?
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 28th, 2008 at 8:14 pm and is filed under On Tour. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.